Great Lakes Drone Company is a firm believer in supporting our local emergency services and giving back to our communities. Our staff is dedicated in providing our local community the resources they need in their time of need for life safety and property preservation.
Great Lakes Drone Company offers our aircraft and operators typically at no cost upon request if our resources are currently available. We offer a special hotline that is answered 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help when we can.
- Search & Rescue
- Post Disaster Mitigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Large Scale Fire Response /Wildland Fire Response
- Special Requests
If your a representative from an Emergency Services department or emergency management division and want to be involved with our free services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon contact we will send you a Memorandum of Understanding form to be signed and returned to us. This allows us to operate within your emergency scenes upon your request when needed. We will then give you the emergency access information.
How our program works…
- First we get a Letter of Agreement with the jurisdiction planning on utilizing us when needed. This agreement spells out how the entire system works. If your agency has ordinances in place for billing of certain services, then our services would full under this clause as well. If our response falls outside of the ordinance, or no ordinance is in place, our services are written off as donation to your agency.
- Once an agreement is in place, just call our 888-816-9625 number selecting our Dispatch option. This number rings through to the on-call staff 24/7. Specific questions will be asked to get our pilot the required information needed to make a Go or No-Go flight decision. If we’re available and the pilot and visual observer are comfortable with risk mitigation our staff will head towards the command post of the incident.
- Our official aerial thermal imagery start date is 11/6/2016.
- We will not guarantee a response availability, however we will do everything we can to assist in public safety when available.